Geula-Related Recent Links

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tefilla by Rav Mordechai Eliyahu's Kever Gets Boy Back on the Derech

From this week's Kol Tzofayich (p. 4, bottom of right column), I'll translate:

A Tallit that is all Techeilet

This story we heard 2 weeks ago close to the gravesite of the Rav [Mordechai Eliyahu] ZT"L. An excited woman was standing there and she told me the following story:

I have been divorced for 5 years. Divorce is a tough thing in general, but in my case, besides the difficulty with the separation and other things, the main difficulty was with my 11-year-old son. Already for a year and a half, he was not ready to go to the synagogue, and he was continuously sliding from a religious aspect. I tried different methods, I took advice from whomever possible, but I felt that I was unsuccessful in reaching the boy - I was unsuccessful in returning him back to the proper path, and every day was turning out worse than the one before it.

With the advice of a friend, I came about a month ago to the gravesite of the Rav. When I stood there, my heart was opened in prayer. For a whole hour, I prayed and cried, mainly for my dear son, but also for myself.

That very night, the Rav appeared in my dream, and in the dream, the Rav was wrapped in a Tallit and was smiling. And behold, I saw my dear son going forward under the Tallit of the Rav, and the Rav brought him in under the wings of the Tallit.

The next day, the unbelievable happened. My son got up for Tefilla in the synagogue without me telling him a word, as if he too saw the dream. And since then, he has been going every day to the synagogue, and is only getting stronger in keeping Mitzvot.

5 Comments:

At Thu Jan 31, 08:38:00 PM 2013, Blogger Devorah Designs said...

Rarely do I get tears in my eyes when reading any geulah blog, but after this wonderful story...what can I say! It's a nice reminder to us that when a beloved Tzadek passes on, he is STILL with us and is still NEAR to listen to us and intercedes on our behalf. We forget that. This story reminds us that we shouldn't forget that we have THEIR help. When we pray at a kever of a tzadek, well, it's not always easy to really believe that he (or she) is really listening and CAN help us. This story will help encourage us to be real and sincere with our prayers when we visit a kever OR ASK that tzedek if far away, and expect that Hashem will answer through the tzadek or in another way. This story was very direct, and Hashem heard the woman and heard Mordechai Elihayu crying for his boy even loudly than she. That's why we need them, and they are more powerful in death than in life. Thanks for reporting the story.

 
At Thu Jan 31, 08:42:00 PM 2013, Blogger Devorah Designs said...

Correction: ....Rav Mordechai ELIYAHU zt"l, crying for his boy even MORE loudly than she.

 
At Sat Feb 02, 01:21:00 PM 2013, Anonymous rachel said...

Just one clarification: It's always important to remember when davening at the kever of a Tzaddik (or anyone), that we may never daven to the deceased person, only to Hashem in the z'chut of that person, or that the person should be a meilitz yosher for our tefilot.

 
At Sat Feb 02, 10:41:00 PM 2013, Anonymous Shua said...

Thanks for sharing this story. Im amazed that such things can happen in 5773. We truly underestimate the koach of Tefillah.

 
At Sun Feb 03, 01:29:00 PM 2013, Blogger in the vanguard said...

Thanks for this heart-warming story. Rabbi M. Eliyahu was a great tzaddik. Here's another story about him - translated from Hebrew:
http://hezbos.blogspot.com/2012/12/rabbi-mordechai-eliyahus-last-wish.html

May we soon merit to see the full Redemption unfold and see these great tzaddikim in person again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home